Thank you for your interest in our event! Here is a detailed description of the event in whole:
We will be collecting donations at
2009 W Burbank Blvd Los Angeles, CA 91506
From December 20, 2016 – December 23, 2016 (12pm latest)
Here are the guidelines:
Items CHLA Need the Most
- Generic coloring books –- no holiday reference
- Soft baby dolls –- appropriate for children under three years old
- Crayons –- all sizes, however we can only accept Crayola crayons or Playskool crayons
- Interactive crib toys/musicals
- Markers –- all sizes
- Super hero action figures
- White artist paper
- Hello Kitty items
- Bubbles (bottles with no attachments)
- Craft and bead kits
- Play-Doh (jars with no attachments)
- Pop-up toys (cause and effect)
- UNO cards
- Bath & Body Works sets for older girls
- Medical first aid kits
- L.A. sports team sports swag
- Baby rattles
We Also Love Gift Cards to the Following Places
- Target in $20-50 increments
- iTunes in $15-25 increments
- McDonalds, Robeks, Jamba Juice, Subway, Carl’s Jr. in increments of $5
- Movies such as Regal, Edwards, etc.
Things CHLA Cannot Accept
To prevent infection, we only accept new and unwrapped gifts for infants, children and adolescents. Once we receive your gift, we sort and sanitize the gifts to further prevent infection. Additionally, unwrapped gifts ensure that children and adolescents are given gifts that are appropriate to their age and developmental levels. Please refer to the list above for the hospital’s needs.
Flowers, Edible Gifts and Holiday Treats
Due to our infection control policy, we cannot accept these items.
Presentations of Gifts and Donations
Presentations of gifts and donations may not be made directly to the patients.
Toy Donation Guidelines
To prevent infection, CHLA only accepts new toys, books and DVD’s.
We cannot accept stuffed toys or toys with small pellets or beans.
Toys should be sturdy and free of any parts which may pinch.
Please avoid toys which can break easily and leave sharp edges (i.e. made of glass or brittle plastic).
We do NOT accept or distribute toys that are designed to promote aggressive behaviors (e.g. toy weapons of any kind, or violent video games or movies).
All craft materials must be non-toxic (e.g., markers, glue, paint).