Terms and Conditions
Global Auto Transportation
This agreement is between solely the customer and his, her, or its duly authorized agents, (hereinafter referred to as “Customer”) and Global Auto Transportation, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Company”). These Terms and Conditions shall be incorporated by reference into and made a part of any order submitted to the Company by the owner(s) or agent(s) set forth in the Order Form.
The Company is a fully licensed and bonded Transport Management Company registered with the USDOT with broker license number: 2243114. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that the Company is hereby authorized to arrange shipment from the point of origin to the point of destination as specified on a Customer Order Form.
The Customer agrees and understands that the Company is a registered transportation and property broker and is acting solely in the capacity of a broker. Customer allows the Company to contract with other licensed and insured Motor Carrier(s), (hereinafter referred to as “Carrier”), to transport the vehicle(s) described in the shipping order.
1. The Customer has the option to cancel a shipping order 24 hours before the pickup date with NO CANCELLATION FEE.
2. If Customer decides to cancel the shipping order, the Customer must contact the Company or their shipping coordinator by phone or email, as soon as possible. After 24 hours, cancellation is charged with the deposit.
Pickup and Delivery
3. Carrier will pick up and deliver as close to Customer’s requested locations as legally and safely as possible. A mutually agreed upon place to load or unload the vehicle(s) may be necessary due to unsafe conditions (low hanging trees, low hanging wires, narrow streets, etc.) or legal issues (residential area restrictions, etc.).
4. The Company shall provide Customer with an estimated pickup and estimated delivery date. However, delays may occur prior to and/or during transport due to unforeseen conditions such as weather, road conditions, mechanical problems, etc. There are absolutely no guarantees regarding pickup or delivery times and dates.
5. The Company shall not be held responsible for any losses or damages occurred by delays of any kind or for any reason (i.e. car rental fees or any accommodation fees). The Company shall also not be held liable for failure of mechanical or operating parts of Customer’s vehicle.
6. Carriers are authorized to transport the Customer’s motor vehicle between its pickup location and the destination set forth on the shipping order and Bill of Lading.
7. Customer is responsible for preparing the vehicle for transport. All loose parts (i.e. any low hanging spoilers, fragile accessories, etc.) must be either removed or secured. Customer shall remove any and all non-permanent, outside mounted storage or other racks prior to shipment.
8. Vehicles must be presented to the Carrier in good running condition (unless otherwise noted). If any part of the vehicle falls off during transport, it is the Customer’s responsibility (this includes any damages caused by said part to any vehicles(s) and/or person involved).
9. Customer must disable any alarm system installed in the vehicle or provide proper instructions for the Carrier to do so. In the event that said alarm sounds and there are no keys or instructions to turn it off, Carrier may silence alarm by any means.
10. Luggage and/or other personal property may be transported in the vehicle. However, if the luggage exceeds 100 lbs, the Customer will need to discuss the transport of the luggage directly with the Carrier. Both the Carrier and Company are not liable for personal items left in vehicle, nor for any damages caused to vehicle due to excessive or improper loading of personal items.
11. The Carrier shall not transport any personal property in the Customer’s vehicle(s) that includes, but is not limited to: explosives, guns, ammunition, flammable products, narcotics, negotiable or legal papers, alcoholic beverages, jewelry, furs, money, live pets, live plants, or any other illegal or dangerous items.
12. The Customer agrees that the Company or Carrier may remove and/or dispose of said items. If this occurs, no compensation will be given to the Customer. In addition, both the Carrier and Company will not be held responsible for delivery of any personal property. If the Customer wishes to put items in the vehicle, it is at the Customer’s own risk.
13. The Company provides transport to Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico with the use of vessels. For any orders involving Ocean Transport, vehicles must be completely empty except for any factory-installed equipment. Contact our ocean freight specialist directly.
14. If the vehicle is inoperable or oversized (i.e. dual or oversized wheels, extra-large, racks, lifted, limo, etc.), Customer must inquire as to the extra charges.
15. The Customer agrees that the Company has the right to reject or cancel any order. The Company can do this at its sole discretion.
Inspections and Damages
16. At the time of pickup, both the Customer and Carrier must thoroughly inspect the vehicle for any pre-existing damages (to the exterior only). They will complete a vehicle inspection report, which is then recorded on the Bill of Lading. Both the Carrier and Customer will acknowledge and agree on the condition of the vehicle. Then, the Customer will sign the Bill of Lading and receive a copy.
17. At the time of delivery, the Customer will again thoroughly inspect the vehicle for any possible damages that occurred during the transportation. This will be done in the presence of the Carrier. Then, the Carrier and Customer will both acknowledge and agree upon the condition of the vehicle. After, the Customer will sign and receive a final copy of the Bill of Lading.
18. Any damages must be noted in the designated place on the Bill of Lading. Then, the Customer must sign the Bill of Lading. If the Customer signs the Bill of Lading and inspection report without noting any damages, this means that the Customer is agreeing and verifying that they have received the vehicle in a satisfying condition. This also verifies that the Carrier, and their agents, are no longer responsible or liable for anything involving the vehicle.
19. By signing the Bill of Lading, the shipper assigns all responsibility to the assigned Carrier, who is required by law to carry a Cargo and Liability Insurance policy. The Company will provide the Carrier insurance policy details to the Customer upon request. However, the Customer agrees that the Company is not liable for any property damage claims to the Customer’s vehicle.
20. Customer further agrees and understands that the Company is responsible solely for procuring a Carrier for shipment of the Customer’s property. Therefore, it is the Carrier that accepts all responsibility of the vehicle after pre-inspection is completed and the Customer signs the Bill of Lading. The Carrier is no longer responsible once the vehicle is delivered and the Customer signs the Bill of Lading after the final inspection.
21. Neither the Company nor the Carrier will be responsible for damage caused by force majeure (i.e. hail or storm damage) or any damages resulting from worn/broken parts of the vehicle or added personal property.
22. If for any reason the Customer is unavailable to be present at the point of pickup or delivery, they shall designate a person to act as their agent. The Customer understands and accepts that all the same terms and conditions remain, even when designating such an agent.
Deposits and Payments
23. Once a Carrier has been assigned or dispatched to a shipping order, the Company will notify the Customer with the contact information provided during the booking.
24. For all orders placed through the Company, a small portion of the payment is required after pickup. This deposit is calculated depending on various factors of the shipment including the type and condition of the vehicle; the type of trailer or transportation for the shipment; and the pickup and drop off locations.
25. It is important to note that the Company’s services are considered rendered once a Carrier is assigned to an order and arrives at the pickup location. The deposit charged upon the pickup is the payment for already rendered services. This deposit is nonrefundable. By accepting the order form you authorize us to charge the non-refundable deposit. All remaining payments are due to the Carrier at the time of delivery.
26. Customer agrees to pay the full price of the transportation owed to the Company or Carrier in full. The Customer agrees that they will not try to dispute the payment due to damage claims, delays, or any other unforeseen circumstances. If the Customer has an issue in regard to these matters, they must note it on the Bill of Lading and then file a claim with the Carrier’s insurance. This is a separate matter from the payment for the transportation.
27. It is the Customer’s responsibility to provide the full payment when the Carrier arrives for delivery. All payments to Carrier must be made in the form of cash, cashier’s check or money order. Business checks, credit or debit card payments should be discussed and agreed upon with the Carrier prior to the delivery. Personal checks will not be accepted. In addition, certified funds must be made payable to the delivering Carrier and not to the Company.
28. The Customer also agrees that if the payment cannot be made by these methods, the vehicle will then be stored, at Customer’s expense, until Customer pays all transport charges in full. In addition, if the Customer is unable to accept the delivery for any reason, the vehicle will also be placed in storage. Then, any and all storage and/or re-delivery charges will be the sole responsibility of the Customer.
29. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
30. The Company is relieved from any and all actual or alleged causes of action, claims, demands, loss, liability, damages, and/or injuries (to persons or property), whether brought by an individual or other entity and imposed by a court of law or by the administrative action of any federal, state, or local agency, as a result of any acts, omissions, negligence, or willful misconduct of the Company or the Carrier (or any personnel, agents, or otherwise connected parties).
31. The indemnification includes, without limitation, the payment of any penalties, fines, attorney’s fees, or other related expenses, in addition to any reimbursements to the Company for all legal expenses and costs incurred by it.
32. Any shipment booked by the Customer through the Company is subject to these Terms and Conditions, as well as to the terms laid out in the Bill of Lading. These terms supersede all previous written or oral communication between the Company and Customer. Once Customer books the services of the Company, they are agreeing to all the above terms. The Customer warrants that they have read this agreement in its entirety.
By continuing with the transaction, the Customer understands and agrees to these terms. In addition, the Customer waives any claims based on not reading or understanding these terms and conditions and will not hold the Company responsible for any fees or costs arising out of anything resulting from not reading, understanding, or having knowledge of these terms and conditions.